On Thursday, I finally received my October issue of Chatelaine by mail. Seriously, I thought it would of come earlier, but at least I got it! I mean sometimes, I never receive it because someone in my house doesn’t think my magazines I subscribe to is important enough to show me and they end up in the recycle bin before it even reaches the inside of my house.
Lucky me, I received it on time to attend the Dior Makeup Artistry Event. It was from September 7th to 18th, 2011. The only place near by that had it was Scarborough Town Centre. I never go there because I don’t enjoy shopping there. However, it’s the only place I know that had the event. So I attended the even on the 18th at 5:00pm.
I arrived on time for the event, however the make up artists were running late because someone arrived for their appointment half an hour late. If you book an appointment, don’t expect to be half an hour late. It’s not nice to make people wait. Would you make your boss wait half an hour for you? Dumbest thing to do ever!
However, the make up artist at the event were so nice and kind. They recommended me with items for my dehydrated skin and grey make up look for the day time.
For skin care they recommended:
- Gentle Cleansing Milk with Velvet Peony Extract
- Gentle Toning Lotion with Velvet Peony Extract
- Capture Totale One Essential
- Hydra Life Skin Energizer Pro-Youth Hydrating Serum
- Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Eye Crème
- Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Crème
I have used Dior skincare before and really enjoy using their hydrating line. However, the Capture Totale One Essential did catch my eye. It felt so wonderful on the skin. Apparently it is suppose to detox the skin and allow any skincare applied after will work 300% better. I do have a lot of skincare right now, so I opted out of picking up this item. It is quite pricey though. $100 for 1oz.
For makeup, they put on:
- DiorSkin AirFlash Spray Foundation in Medium Beige 300
- Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen in Sun Beam 003
- 3 Couleurs Smoky Ready-To-Wear Smoky Eyes Palette in 051 Smoky Pink
- DiorShow Liner Waterproof in Carbon (matte black)
- Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil in Universal Shade
- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer
- DiorShow Extase Mascara in Black
- Diorskin Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond
- Bronze Harmonie de Blush in Coral Riviera 002
And voilà! I look pretty no? Well, at least I think so haha!
I loved a lot of the items they put on me. But I couldn’t buy everything so, I picked up the DiorSkin AirFlash Spray Foundation and the DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer. I am beginning to think that the spray foundation is definitely going to become a holy grail because my skin looks fantastic with it on. Honestly, I absolutely love Dior makeup. It’s one of my favourite brands for makeup. If I had a job, I would of definitely purchase more.
Oh! Did I mention I went with my sister? She came out absolutely gorgeous but I never had a chance to take her picture. She did buy a Dior Addict Lipstick and a DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer, so we were able to get a gift box! I now use it to hold my daily makeup.